Tuesday, June 20, 2023

125th Hospital Corps birthday

‘I dedicate my heart, mind, and strength to the work before me. I shall do all within my power to show in myself an example of all that is honorable and good throughout my naval career.’ – The Hospital Corpsman Pledge.  

The world’s largest aircraft carrier USS Gerald R. Ford’s (CVN 78) medical department celebrates the 125th birthday of the hospital corpsman (HM) rate. President William McKinley established the HM rate on June 17, 1898. 

Navy corpsman have been the recipients of 22 Medals of Honor, 199 Navy Crosses and 984 Silver Stars. (Navy 06/18/23) 125 Years of Medical Excellence – Ford Celebrates the Hospital Corpsman Birthday > United States Navy > News Stories 

Regionally, Hospital Corpsmen serve at branch clinics at NAS JRB New Orleans in Belle Chasse, La.; NCBC Gulfport and NAS Meridian, Miss.; NAS Pensacola and Corry Station, and at NAS Whiting Field, Fla., as well as Naval Hospital and aerospace medicine commands in Pensacola.

No comments: